Thursday 7 February 2013

Toasted Head - Chardonnay - 4.25/5 wine glasses

Toasted Head - Chardonnay 2011 - California 

Kris - The male's perspective -

Let me begin by saying this bottle has a motherfuckin' fire-breathing-bear on it.  Yeah you heard me, a goddamn fire-breathing-bear.  This is the reason I decided to purchase this bottle and it didn't disappoint. At first sip a distinct citrus flavour engulfed my mouth, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  I took a few more swigs and realized I was sippin' on pineapple.  When swallowed, a warm sensation captivates the back of your throat and nose, leaving yet another familiar flavour.  What is it? Swallow again without any wine and you'll realize you're savouring the pleasant essence of coconut.  For the reasons stated above, this wine receives 5/5 wine glasses from this humble young man.  If you see this wine, buy it!




Kelsey V.  - The Female -

The pop! a cork makes when pulled out of a bottle can leave a room silent with anticipation, couple that with the image of a fire breathing bear imprinted on said cork and you've got a winner!  Initially, a fruity flavor encompassed my taste buds which ultimately proved to be the motif of this chardonnay. The after-tones remained of alcohol, but this did not take away from the complexity of the multiple different flavours coconut being my favourite! I give this bottle a 3.5 wine glasses out of 5!


In terms of appearance, Kelsey V. and I both agree that this bottle should receive a perfect score of 3/3 for it's awesome use of a fire-breathing-bear!  This creative and hilarious approach lead us to buy this wine, which we both enjoyed!  Thanks and happy drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment