Thursday 7 February 2013

Frisky ZebraS - Sauvignon Blanc - 2.5/5 wine glasses

                                     Frisky ZebraS - Sauvignon Blanc - South Africa

Kelsey V. - The Female Perspective - 

With a name like Frisky ZebraS I knew this wine had to be one of especial interest  Light in flavour with key notes which hinted toward exotic fruits particularly ones with citric elements. I really enjoyed the soft aftertaste of this sauvignon blanc as it did not overwhelm me with the distinct flavour of alcohol.  With a heart on the cap, this wine certainly left me feeling warm on the inside. I give this bottle a 3 wine glasses out of 5.


Kris - The Male Perspective -

With a silver medal in the Critique's Challenge International Wine Competition. I was expecting to be blown away, or at least amazed by the contents of this bottle.  Although this sauvginon blanc wasn't horrible in any sense of the word, I found nothing particularly satisfying about it.  It left me wondering what I was tasting, as I continually sipped on my glass, trying to enhance the very minute hints of what I perceived to be citrus, perhaps lime.  According to my pallet, this wine is "meh".  Not special, but not lousy, this wine was hard to decipher.  I would only recommend it if your female counterpart was keen on trying it, other than that, this wine is not worth your buck in my opinion. I would score this wine a 2/5 as I did not hate it, but there was nothing I loved about it, despite the heart on the cap.


Appearance wise Kris and I would rate this bottle 1.5/3 for the following reasons:
- the allure was present, with a zebra on a bottle, how could one not be enticed?
- the colour scheme was lacking due to its use of limited colours
- finally the creativity also lacked, with a name like frisky zebras, we expected a little more sensuality.  However, we'll hand out a .5 due to the fact that there's a zebra on the bottle.

Happy drinking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment